Re: Cannot drop database because of AUTOVACUUM

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cannot drop database because of AUTOVACUUM
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Daniel Migowski <dmigowski@ikoffice.de> writes:
> I have a rare problem. I just restored a large database, and found out I made an error. Now I want to drop it, but
can'tdo it because of the autovacuum process, running for minutes now, which i don't want to kill.

Um ... if you're going to drop the database, why would you care about
letting an autovacuum complete?  Its work would only be thrown away
anyway.

> Isn't it possible to stop it from running if this is the only process connected to a database when I want to drop it?

An autovacuum process should get killed automatically if you issue a
DROP against its database (or table, for that matter).

If there's a bug here, you've not explained what it is.

От: Daniel Migowski
Сообщение: Cannot drop database because of AUTOVACUUM
От: Nelson Manuel Marques
Сообщение: Re: BUG #6341: Packaging - virtual provides "postgres" without version