Re:

От Andrew Biagioni
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
First of all your "su postgres" problem.  You will note, that the first time
you executed "su postgres" you were root (and thus didn't need a password), the
second time you were a non-root user, zf2linux, and thus you DO need a
password.

The second problem is who postgreSQL thinks you are.  What is not obvious when
starting, is that when you run a postgreSQL command from a shell (as opposed to
running a DB command inside a psql session), the DB assumes that your Linux
user name is a valid postgreSQL user name, and that's who you want to be
identified as.  So executing "zf2linux> psql template1" is asking postgreSQL to
run psql for you connecting you as user zf2linux;  whereas running "zf2linux>
psql -U postgres template1" is asking postgreSQL to run psql for you connecting
you as user postgres (most postgreSQL commands accept a "-U " parameter that
lets you specify what user you want to run the command as (postgreSQL user,
that is, not linux user) ).

Bottom line:  the simple solution is to su (to root), then su to postgres, then
do what you need to do - create real users for the DB, possibly one called
"zf2linux".

Enjoy,

    Andrew