От Zhiqiang Feng
Тема ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello all,

I am new to postgreSQL. I have installed postgreSQL 7.1.3-2 on Linux 7.2.
If I login as root (administrator) and change user as postgres I can create
database on /usr/local/pgsql/data which I created and changed its owner as
postgres.

  root# mkdir usr/local/pgsql/data
  root# chown postgres /usr/local/pgsql/data
  root# su postgres
  bash-2.3# initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
  bash-2.3# postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data > logfile 2 >&1 &
  bash-2.3# createdb testdb
  bash-2.3# psql testdb

However, when I login as a normal linux user I cannot create database. So
it is a user management problem.

  zf2linux# createdb mydb
  FATAL 1: user 'zf2linux' does not exist

I have tried to create a user of zf2linux in postgreSQL but the error still
occurs.
If I try to change to postgres from zf1linux it asks for password.

  zf2linux# su postgres
  password: ******
  incorrect password.

My pg_hba.conf is left as the default format:
     local     all                          trust
     host      all     127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     trust

I must miss something before I allow other users to access the postgreSQL
server and account. Could you please help me with the problem?

Thanks for your attention and will sum.

Geoff

University of St Andrews

Сообщение: Re: Stalled post to pgsql-admin
Сообщение: Re: Stalled post to pgsql-admin