Postgres user with a shell of /bin/false

От Cliff Pratt
Тема Postgres user with a shell of /bin/false
Дата
Re: Postgres user with a shell of /bin/false  ("Reko Turja" <reko.turja@liukuma.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
I've browsed my history of the list, and the Internet for information
regarding giving the unix 'postgres' user a shell of /bin/false, so
that it cannot be logged into directly. It seems from my research that
if I set the user's shell to /bin/false it will not prevent the
running of postgres itself.

Before I start changing the postgres Unix users, can someone please
confirm that this will work, and any 'gotchas' I might have missed.
Obviously there are ways to circumvent this, I know.

Cheers,

Cliff