cascade deleting

От Duan Ligong
Тема cascade deleting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi.

I am wondering whether the following problem can
be avoided by using Cascade Deleting while the DB
is in Read Committed Isolation Level:

In the following scenario, The "DEL item1 from tb_pk"
command fails because of  involating foreign key
constraints.

(The tb_fk1, tb_fk2, and tb_fk3 tables reference the
tb_pk table)
Transaction A        Transaction B
      begin()                         |
           |                                                   |
DEL item1 from tb_fk1              begin()
          |                                                   |
DEL item1 from tb_fk2       INS item1 into tb_fk1
DEL item1 from tb_fk3           commit()

DEL item1 from tb_pk

          |( failed because of involating foreign key constraint.)

    commit()

My real question is:
Will Executing  "CASCADE DEL item1 from tb_pk" fail
if another transaction insert item1 into tb_fk1
during executing "CASCADE DEL item1 from tb_pk"?

Thanks
Duan

Duan Ligong
E-MAIL  : duanlg@nec-as.nec.com.cn