Re: [HACKERS] Provide list of subscriptions and publications inpsql's completion

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Provide list of subscriptions and publications inpsql's completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/13/17 9:36 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Probably I failed to get Peter's point... Anyway IMO that we can expose all the
>> columns except the sensitive information (i.e., subconninfo field)
>> in pg_subscription to even non-superusers. Then we can use pg_subscription
>> for the tab-completion for ALTER/DROP SUBSCRIPTION.
> To be honest, I find subconninfo quite useful to check where a
> subscription is getting its changes from, so I'd rather not touch it.
> It looks as well a bit overkill to just create a new view on an object
> type non-superusers cannot even use... There are already 1 view and 1
> system catalog related to it, so I'd be of the opinion to let it fail
> silently with a permission error and keep it as an empty list for
> them.

Why not do what we do for pg_stat_activity.current_query and leave it
NULL for non-SU?

Even better would be if we could simply strip out password info.
Presumably we already know how to parse the contents, so I'd think that
shouldn't be that difficult.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)