Re: [HACKERS] Provide list of subscriptions and publications inpsql's completion

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Provide list of subscriptions and publications inpsql's completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 2:07 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, the tab-completions for ALTER/DROP PUBLICATION should show the local
> publications because those commands drop and alter the local ones. OTOH,
> CREATE/ALTER SUBSCRIPTOIN ... PUBLICATION should show nothing because
> the remote publications in the publisher side should be specified there.

Doh, yes. You are right about that.

>> - Addition of a view pg_subscriptions with all the non-sensitive data.
>> (- Or really extend pg_stat_subscriptions with the database ID and use
>> it for tab completion?)
>
> Probably I failed to get Peter's point... Anyway IMO that we can expose all the
> columns except the sensitive information (i.e., subconninfo field)
> in pg_subscription to even non-superusers. Then we can use pg_subscription
> for the tab-completion for ALTER/DROP SUBSCRIPTION.

To be honest, I find subconninfo quite useful to check where a
subscription is getting its changes from, so I'd rather not touch it.
It looks as well a bit overkill to just create a new view on an object
type non-superusers cannot even use... There are already 1 view and 1
system catalog related to it, so I'd be of the opinion to let it fail
silently with a permission error and keep it as an empty list for
them.
--
Michael