Re: Errors on VACUUM

От Bob Smith
Тема Re: Errors on VACUUM
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Friday, March 15, 2002, at 03:07 , Tom Lane wrote:

> It's not clear to me why a restart (which would naturally clear shared
> memory) didn't fix the problem.

Er, um, (humble look), I just studied my syslog, and in fact the
postmaster _didn't_ restart.  I tried to restart it using the Red Hat
control script from /etc/rc.d/init.d,  but apparently that script lied
to me when it said the restart succeeded.  The syslog clearly shows the
postmaster didn't actually restart until about 10 minutes later, _after_
the second error.  So I was talking to the same postmaster every time.
Arrggh.

I'm reassured now that this is just a passing memory management issue
and not a symptom of a more serious problem, I'm sure the error wouldn't
have happened the second time if the postmaster had in fact restarted.
Everything looks fine now so I'm going to stop worrying about it.

Thanks much for your help!

Bob Smith
Hammett & Edison, Inc.
bsmith@h-e.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Btree index extension question