Re: Old revised version, and a new one

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Old revised version, and a new one
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 05:44 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>> I've uploaded a revised version of the page Andreas hosted
>> for me before at http://www.grzm.com/postgresql_org/html/index.htm
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Unfortunately I have a number of problems with this design:
>
> 1) The fonts have all shrunk. We purposefully increaed the sizes on the
> current site to what they are now.
>
> 2) The "Welcome To..." text is very close to both the menu bar and
> event
> boxes etc.
>
> 3) The sidebars touch the bottom of the ads, yet they have left/right
> borders.
>
> 4) The colour of the text in the event/news boxes is too light against
> the grey background.
>
> 5) Resizing a little below 800 wide causes odd wrapping in the header.
>
> Don't take that as harsh criticism though - we just need to iron out
> these issues :-)

No problem. Feedback is a good thing. Those are all things that can be
easily handled. And I agree with you on 2, 3 and 5. Good to know about
1, and will try increasing the sizes. As for 4, the two options that
spring to mind are changing the color of the text or making the text
bold, and this might be solved anyway when the font size is increased.
I'll try all of them, but any preferences?

The two things I'm happiest about is I haven't yet heard about
*mistakes* causing huge problems in browsers (though those may yet
come) and I was actually able to get the host thing worked out in less
than 30 hours (thanks to those five folks at hub.org)—my 5am URI slip
notwithstanding! ;)

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Michael

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Old revised version, and a new one
Сообщение: Re: Old revised version, and a new one