Re: Initdb fails... Again!

От Markko Paas
Тема Re: Initdb fails... Again!
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
> > Now, here comes a strange part....
>
> Unfortunately, ipc-daemon will *not* output correctly in a
> bash or cmd window.  Do you have rxvt installed?  If so, then
> try again in an rxvt window.  Otherwise, do the following in
> a cmd window:
>
>     C:\> ipc-daemon --version 2>ipc-ver.txt
>     C:\> cat ipc-ver.txt
>     ipc-daemon : Cygwin IPC Package Version 1.13 (c) 1998 PCH/LLA, ...

Here's mine:

$ cat ipc-ver.txt
      6 [unknown (0xED4)] ipc-daemon 3820
fhandler_console::fixup_after_exec: er
ror opening input console handle after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
  12547 [unknown (0xED4)] ipc-daemon 3820
fhandler_console::fixup_after_exec: er
ror opening input console handle after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
  21031 [unknown (0xED4)] ipc-daemon 3820
fhandler_console::fixup_after_exec: er
ror opening input console handle after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
  29062 [unknown (0xED4)] ipc-daemon 3820
fhandler_console::fixup_after_exec: er
ror opening input console handle after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
ipc-daemon : Cygwin IPC Package Version 1.13 (c) 1998 PCH/LLA, Changes
(c) 2001
CSW
  This daemon provides InterProcess Communication services for Cygwin.

Isnt that interesting??? :-)

> > I think I installed the CygIPC correctly, downloaded 1.13-2, then
> > unpacked and copied the files into subdirectories under c:/cygwin/
>
> Did you ever have a previous cygipc version installed?  If
> the old version was running when you installed the new one,
> the new ipc-daemon would not have been installed.

No, I have used the latest one only.

Markko