Initdb fails... Again!

От Markko Paas
Тема Initdb fails... Again!
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hello!

I have successfully installed PostgreSQL with Cygwin as a service on
Windows XP prof. and Windows2000 prof.

Now I try to repeat the procedure more on another Windows2000server.

After installing ipc-daemon (1.13-2) as a service and starting it,
initdb still fails!
I also tried to run ipc-daemon in normal mode (ipc-daemon &), but still,
it seems that initdb cannot connect to it or something....
What may be wrong?

postgres@PULL ~
$ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/share/postgresql/data/base/1...
IpcSemaphore
Create: semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed: Function not implemented

initdb failed.
Removing /usr/share/postgresql/data.

postgres@PULL ~

Regards,