Re: Initdb fails... Again!

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Initdb fails... Again!
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Markko,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 05:38:28PM +0200, Markko Paas wrote:
> Strange things happen here....

Yes and no.

> There are only MultiFile's in the /tmp directory, no other files

Again, this is very bad.

> Now, here comes a strange part....

Unfortunately, ipc-daemon will *not* output correctly in a bash or cmd
window.  Do you have rxvt installed?  If so, then try again in an rxvt
window.  Otherwise, do the following in a cmd window:

    C:\> ipc-daemon --version 2>ipc-ver.txt
    C:\> cat ipc-ver.txt
    ipc-daemon : Cygwin IPC Package Version 1.13 (c) 1998 PCH/LLA, ...

> I think I installed the CygIPC correctly, downloaded 1.13-2, then
> unpacked and copied the files into subdirectories under c:/cygwin/

Did you ever have a previous cygipc version installed?  If the old
version was running when you installed the new one, the new ipc-daemon
would not have been installed.

Jason