Re: postgresql and samba

От ecaillava@interlap.com.ar
Тема Re: postgresql and samba
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear Dong:

    I wrote you past friday abouth your question,
but, so sorry !
I did it in spanish, I didn´t mean it.

I will try to reproduce it in english, wich is not my
languaje:

I manage a net with two servers SuSE Linux 7 - Samba
2.2.1a - PostgreSQL 7.1,
both servers (as PDC) support one principal domain with
around 50 clients
and 6 sub-nets with others 70 clients -till now and
growing every day-.

So, Samba give access and files service to around 120
win98 clients at day,
and every one of they have access to PostgreSQL DB
service across a large
intranet, with DataBase with more than 9 GB of info, in
many tables with
around 1.000.000 reg. every one.

We have almost one year working with this system
WITHOUT A PROBLEM, and
without even reset the servers, not even when we had
periodically to actualize
the programs to pass from a version to another (like
samba 2.0.7 till 2.2.1a),
most times we did it "in hot", switching the titular of
service between both
servers from one to another alternativelly.

I've tested insistently the system with few non
ortodoxes method, like control
response time compareing it with a AS400 running DB2,
and the Linux-Samba-PostgreSQL
system every time is winning, even when this servers -
off courses- count with much less
hardware resources.

I hope you can understand poor english response and
this be aproppiate to you.

Greetings from Tucumán - Argentina

Eduardo Caillava
Net Administrator
Sub-Direccion de Sistemas
Provincia de Tucuman
    Enviado via http://www.interlap.com.ar - Tu Email POP3 Gratis
     Ademas : programas, chat, letras de canciones, noticias y mucho mas
       Muda tu sitio a interlap ahora y obtene un  20% de descuento
                         y un mes de Publicidad Gratis

Sender-IP: 200.45.85.13