Re: partitioned tables referenced by FKs

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: partitioned tables referenced by FKs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Amit,

On 3/26/19 2:06 AM, Amit Langote wrote:
> Wouldn't you get the same numbers on HEAD too?  IOW, I'm not sure how the
> patch here, which seems mostly about getting DDL in order to support
> foreign keys on partitioned tables, would have affected the result of this
> benchmark.  Can you clarify your intention of running this benchmark
> against these patches?

Yeah, you are right. As I'm also seeing this issue with a test case of

-- ddl.sql --
CREATE TABLE t1 (i1 INT PRIMARY KEY, i2 INT NOT NULL) PARTITION BY HASH
(i1);
CREATE TABLE t2 (i1 INT PRIMARY KEY, i2 INT NOT NULL);

\o /dev/null
SELECT 'CREATE TABLE t1_p' || x::text || ' PARTITION OF t1
FOR VALUES WITH (MODULUS 64, REMAINDER ' || x::text || ');'
from generate_series(0,63) x;
\gexec
\o

ALTER TABLE t1 ADD CONSTRAINT fk_t1_i2_t2_i1 FOREIGN KEY (i2) REFERENCES
t2(i1);

ANALYZE;

we shouldn't focus on it in this thread.

Best regards,
  Jesper