Re: [Fwd: Checkpoint Location Format]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Fwd: Checkpoint Location Format]
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)" <andy.shellam-lists@mailnetwork.co.uk> writes:
> Further to the below e-mail, I've come across a slight problem.
> The starting checkpoint location in a backup I've just taken is
> "0/22A3190" (note: 7 digits after the /, not 6 as I first thought.)
> However the .backup file is called <WAL_FILE>.002A3190 (ie. it only
> takes the right-most 6 digits).

Yeah, the second part of the .backup file name is the offset within the
corresponding WAL file, which for the standard file size of 16M can only
range up to 6 hex digits.  The higher-order bits of the second word of
the checkpoint location go into the last part of the WAL file name.
That is, checkpoint location xxxxxxxx/yyzzzzzz should be associated
with a backup file named like ttttttttxxxxxxxx000000yy.00zzzzzz.backup.
(I think ... haven't had any caffeine yet this morning ...)