[Fwd: Checkpoint Location Format]

От Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)
Тема [Fwd: Checkpoint Location Format]
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Further to the below e-mail, I've come across a slight problem.
The starting checkpoint location in a backup I've just taken is
"0/22A3190" (note: 7 digits after the /, not 6 as I first thought.)
However the .backup file is called <WAL_FILE>.002A3190 (ie. it only
takes the right-most 6 digits).

Can someone confirm this is the correct case?

Thanks,

Andy.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     Checkpoint Location Format
Date:     Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:12:53 +0000
To:     pgsql-admin@postgresql.org

Hi,

I'm writing an automated file-system level backup application for use
with WAL archiving, that will issue the pg_start_backup call, tar and
gzip the cluster data directory, issue the pg_stop_backup call, and
remove all previous un-needed WAL files from the archive.

I need to write a regular expression that will search for the WAL
filename and checkpoint location from the backup_label file, and just
want to clarify that the checkpoint location will always be of the
format: X/XXXXXX - where X is one of 0-9, A-F?

And then the WAL .backup file that is generated in the archive, has a
filename of the form:

<WAL_FILE>.00XXXXXX.backup

where <WAL_FILE> is the name of the "STARTING WAL LOCATION" directive in
the backup_label file, and XXXXXX is the last 6 digits of the checkpoint
(after the / )?

Thanks,

Andy.