Re: Off topic : world database

От Tamir Halperin
Тема Re: Off topic : world database
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I would imagine that since neither the size of the earth, nor the laws of mathematics and geometry have any scheduled
changespending for their source code any time in the near future, it's reasonable to rely on the long/lat information
andextrapolate the distances using basic planet earth dimensions.

There are only so many degrees along the arc of any given sphere (360) and there are only so many minutes in a degree.

The size of the earth represents only one number that needs to be looked up unless you care to include miles in
additionto the international standard of km. If so, then you have an additional factor to consider in your
calcualations.

Am I making any sense?

Tamir