Off topic : world database

От Rudi Starcevic
Тема Off topic : world database
Дата
Re: Off topic : world database  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Re: Off topic : world database  (Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>)
Re: Off topic : world database  (Tomasz Myrta <jasiek@klaster.net>)
Re: Off topic : world database  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I have a slightly off SQL topic question which I don't think is too
inappropriate,
if it is please let me know and I'll not push my luck again of my
*favorite email list*.

I'd like to build a Postgresql database of Countries,States and Cities
of the world.
I would like to use 'earthdistance' module so distance queries are possible.
I plan to expose this data as an SOAP webservice via xmethods.com for
others to
access as well.

I've been searching for a source for this data without joy so far and
would like to
ask if someone on this list could point me to or help with a source for
this info.
Ideally I'd like Country,States,and Cities with Longitude and Latitude
coordinates.

Thank you kindly,
Again if this is too off topic let me know and I'll keep all my
questions strictly to SQL.
Regards
Rudi.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: