No UDP(5432) For You!

От Craig McDaniel
Тема No UDP(5432) For You!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I just installed Postgres 7.0.2 from source on my Debian (testing)
system. I had the 6.5.3 debian package installed previously and
it worked fine (and I made sure my old postmaster process was not
running).

The short of it is, postmaster starts up with no errors, but
trying to connect, I get the following:

Connection to database 'template1' failed.
connectDB() -- connect() failed: Connection refused
Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' and accepting connections on Unix
socket '5432'?

I verified that postgres is not running on any UDP port
using nmap. If I start with the -i option, it runs fine
on TCP port 5432 (and I can connect). My pg_hba.conf file
has not been changed from the installation default. Any
ideas?

Later,
\ Craig "Cowboy" McDaniel
/_\ Software Engineer