Re: No UDP(5432) For You!

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: No UDP(5432) For You!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Craig McDaniel wrote:
  >I just installed Postgres 7.0.2 from source on my Debian (testing)
  >system. I had the 6.5.3 debian package installed previously and
  >it worked fine (and I made sure my old postmaster process was not
  >running).
  >
  >The short of it is, postmaster starts up with no errors, but
  >trying to connect, I get the following:
  >
  >Connection to database 'template1' failed.
  >connectDB() -- connect() failed: Connection refused
  >Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' and accepting connections on Unix
  >socket '5432'?
  >
  >I verified that postgres is not running on any UDP port
  >using nmap. If I start with the -i option, it runs fine
  >on TCP port 5432 (and I can connect). My pg_hba.conf file
  >has not been changed from the installation default. Any
  >ideas?

You are probably still picking up 6.5.3's libpq.so;  you need to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to where you have the shared library from
your own build. Or remove the libpgsql2 package.

There are, in fact, Debian packages of 7.0.3 for potato.  See the pointer
in http://www.debian.org/~elphick/postgresql/index.html

     "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh
      me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside
      the still waters, he restoreth my soul...Surely
      goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my
      life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for
      ever."                    Psalms 23:1,2,6