Re: prevent immature WAL streaming

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: prevent immature WAL streaming
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/29/21 5:29 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 9/29/21 4:33 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> which looks like a pretty straightforward bogus-connection-configuration
>>> problem, except why wouldn't other BF members show it?
>> This:
>> doesn't have "allows_streaming => 1".
> Oh, and that only breaks things on Windows, cf set_replication_conf.
>
> ... although I wonder why the fact that sub init otherwise sets
> wal_level = minimal doesn't cause a problem for this test.
> Maybe the test script is cowboy-ishly overriding that?

Regardless of this problem, I think we should simply call
set_replication_conf unconditionally in init().  Replication connections
are now allowed by default on Unix, this would just bring Windows nodes
into line with that.

The function does have this:

    $self->host eq $test_pghost
       or die "set_replication_conf only works with the default host";

I'm not sure when that wouldn't be true.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan