Enable WAL Archive in Replication server

От ascot.moss@gmail.com
Тема Enable WAL Archive in Replication server
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I want to enable WAL archive on the replica, I am advised that WAL =
archive can only be enabled on the Master, can you please advise if this =
is a bug and any workaround available?

regards

now you can only enable WAL archive on the Master server,it will not =
take effect on replication server.

I can't find the doc which explicit prohibit WAL archive on the =
replication server,and there are WAL generated in the slave pg_xlog dir =
with archive_status subdir,so I think this may be a bug.=20

Jov
blog: http:amutu.com/blog

2013/8/11

Hi,

I want to archive WAL log files in the replication server as well, the =
postgresql.conf is added with following new lines, after restarting PG, =
the /var/pgsql/data/archive/ is still empty after 1 hour:

### new lines added today
#
# to enable the replica as Hot Standby
hot_standby =3D on
#
# to enable WAL archive (coped from master's conf)
wal_level =3D hot_standby
max_wal_senders =3D 5
wal_keep_segments =3D 500
wal_sync_method =3D fsync
fsync =3D on
archive_mode =3D on
archive_command =3D 'test ! -f /var/pgsql/data/archive/%f && cp %p =
/var/pgsql/data/archive/%f'
###

ls -la /var/pgsql/data/archive/
total 8
drwx------ 2 postgres root 4096 Aug 11 16:12 ./
drwx------ 3 postgres root 4096 Aug 10 10:59 ../

PG: 9.2.4
OS: Ubuntu 12.04

I am new to Streaming Replication, can you please advise why there is no =
WAL archive files found in the archive folder?

regards