Re: One data dir and two servers

От Nikolai ZHUBR
Тема Re: One data dir and two servers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Scott,

>> I'd like to be able to run one of TWO independently installed server
>> instances on the same single data cluster. Actually, there are even
>> 2 separate OS instances for that, though they are mostly identical and
>> they share the same harddisk. Server instances are also identical
>> versions.

> Sorry can't do that.  The way pgsql works it needs to be a single
> postmaster on a single server.

Probably I was not clear enough - I meant that only _one_ postmaster
is run at a time, of course. What is wanted is that the user be able
to choose _which_ one at boot time (So, 2 identical posmasters, 1
cluster, 1 postmaster always up, 1 postmaster always down).

Thank you,
Nikolai ZHUBR

Сообщение: Re: One data dir and two servers
Сообщение: Re: One data dir and two servers