Re: pg_dump: schema with OID 16396 does not exist

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump: schema with OID 16396 does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
RW <postgres@tauceti.net> writes:
>> Look through the system catalogs to find the object(s) that claim to be
>> in that namespace, and then tell us what they are and their history.

> Found it in pg_conversion:

> mps_dev=#  select * from pg_conversion where connamespace = 16396;
>        conname       | connamespace | conowner | conforencoding |
> contoencoding |      conproc      | condefault
> ---------------------+--------------+----------+----------------+---------------+-------------------+------------
>  iso_8859_1_to_utf_8 |        16396 |    16389 |              8
> |             6 | iso8859_1_to_utf8 | t
> (1 row)

Ah.  This is a known bug: CREATE CONVERSION neglected to enter a dependency
from the new conversion to its namespace, hence a DROP SCHEMA on the
namespace would not remove the pg_conversion entry.  This is fixed in
HEAD but hasn't been back-patched for some reason --- I'll go deal with
that now.

In the meantime I'd suggest a manual DROP CONVERSION to clean up ...
hmm ... except you probably can't name that conversion anymore in SQL,
what with it not having a schema.  I think it would work well enough to
just DELETE the specific row in pg_conversion.