Re: pg_dump: schema with OID 16396 does not exist

От RW
Тема Re: pg_dump: schema with OID 16396 does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

thanks for your answer.
>> pg_dump: schema with OID 16396 does not exist
>
> I assume you don't see that OID in "select oid,nspname from pg_namespace"?

Yes, that's right.
> Look through the system catalogs to find the object(s) that claim to be
> in that namespace, and then tell us what they are and their history.
>
> select * from pg_type where typnamespace = 16396
>
> and likewise for pg_class.relnamespace, pg_operator.oprnamespace,
> pg_conversion.connamespace, pg_opclass.opcnamespace,
> pg_aggregate.aggnamespace, pg_proc.pronamespace.

Found it in pg_conversion:

mps_dev=#  select * from pg_conversion where connamespace = 16396;
       conname       | connamespace | conowner | conforencoding |
contoencoding |      conproc      | condefault
---------------------+--------------+----------+----------------+---------------+-------------------+------------
 iso_8859_1_to_utf_8 |        16396 |    16389 |              8
|             6 | iso8859_1_to_utf8 | t
(1 row)

The owner is the user cms_mps_d_p.

[postgres@host1202~]$ psql -d mps_dev -U cms_mps_d_p

mps_dev=> \dc
                                 List of conversions
   Schema    |            Name             |    Source     |
Destination  | Default?
-------------+-----------------------------+---------------+---------------+----------
 cms_mps_d_p | iso_8859_1_to_utf_8         | LATIN1        |
UTF8          | yes

Well I remember that our developers created such a function but they
don't need it anymore.
Could I simply drop it to solve the problem with pg_dump? But anyway...
How can this be
avoided and why does such a sitiation occur? I just dropped the
database, created a new one
(with the same name) and started a restore (completed with no errors).
This procedure seems
not so unusual to me ;-) And it happens the second time to me.

Thanks,
Robert