Re: Fwd: Postfix SMTP server: errors from

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fwd: Postfix SMTP server: errors from
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> 'K, this doesn't make sense ... is lconrad@go2france.com a valid
> recipient? *puzzled look*

> In:  MAIL FROM:<pgsql-admin-owner+M7187@postgresql.org> SIZE=2629
> Out: 250 Ok
> In:  RCPT TO:<lconrad@go2france.com>
> Out: 450 <pgsql-admin-owner+M7187@postgresql.org>: Sender address rejected:
> unverified sender address: host mail.postgresql.org[64.49.215.8]
> said: 450
> <pgsql-admin-owner+M7187@postgresql.org>: User unknown in local
> recipient
> table (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Reading between the lines of the error message, it looks to me like
meiway.com's mail server is programmed to take the MAIL FROM address,
connect back to the sending server, and see if it can RCPT TO that
address before it will accept the incoming mail.

I have zero sympathy for that approach, but won't waste our list
bandwidth on exactly why it's a brain-dead sociopathic antispam
technique.

What seems odd is that it didn't work.  Shouldn't postgresql.org
have accepted pgsql-admin-owner+M7187@postgresql.org as an incoming
mail address?