Re: Fwd: Postfix SMTP server: errors from

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Fwd: Postfix SMTP server: errors from
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
yOn Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > 'K, this doesn't make sense ... is lconrad@go2france.com a valid
> > recipient? *puzzled look*
>
> > In:  MAIL FROM:<pgsql-admin-owner+M7187@postgresql.org> SIZE=2629
> > Out: 250 Ok
> > In:  RCPT TO:<lconrad@go2france.com>
> > Out: 450 <pgsql-admin-owner+M7187@postgresql.org>: Sender address rejected:
> > unverified sender address: host mail.postgresql.org[64.49.215.8]
> > said: 450
> > <pgsql-admin-owner+M7187@postgresql.org>: User unknown in local
> > recipient
> > table (in reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> Reading between the lines of the error message, it looks to me like
> meiway.com's mail server is programmed to take the MAIL FROM address,
> connect back to the sending server, and see if it can RCPT TO that
> address before it will accept the incoming mail.
>
> I have zero sympathy for that approach, but won't waste our list
> bandwidth on exactly why it's a brain-dead sociopathic antispam
> technique.
>
> What seems odd is that it didn't work.  Shouldn't postgresql.org
> have accepted pgsql-admin-owner+M7187@postgresql.org as an incoming
> mail address?

Hrmmmm:

venus# telnet mail.postgresql.org smtp
Trying 64.49.215.8...
Connected to mail.postgresql.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 postgresql.org ESMTP Postfix (2.0.2)
vrfy pgsql-admin-owner+M7187@postgresql.org
252 pgsql-admin-owner+M7187@postgresql.org

should have worked ... I know I was having problems with the use of the +
in the email address, that I just fixed .. maybe this was just before that
fix/