Re: To keep indexes in memory, is large enough effective_cache_sizeenough?

От Sam R.
Тема Re: To keep indexes in memory, is large enough effective_cache_sizeenough?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi!

Is is possible to force PostgreSQL to keep an index in memory? The data in db table columns is not needed to be kept in memory, only the index. (hash index.)

It would sound optimal in our scenario.
I think Oracle has capability to keep index in memory (in-memory db functionality). But does PostgreSQL have such a functionality? (I keep searching.)

I have read:
(effective_cache_size, shared_buffers)

I have seen responses to:

Should I actually set shared_buffers to tens of gigabytes also, if I want to keep one very big index in memory?

I ma also reading a PG book.

Best Regards, Sam