Re: postgreSQL 7.3.3 crashing on server with Itanium processor...

От Taranjit Singh Lamba
Тема Re: postgreSQL 7.3.3 crashing on server with Itanium processor...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks, after installing all the updates, including newer (not new) kernel,
it seems to work right. I suspect it was an old library problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 2:29 PM
To: Taranjit Singh Lamba
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] postgreSQL 7.3.3 crashing on server with Itanium
processor...

"Taranjit Singh Lamba" <taranjits@sizeti.com> writes:
> H/W Configuration -     Dell 7150 Quad Itanium 1 ( 733 MHz) with 4G RAM

> OS          - Red Hat 7.2
>           - Postgresql ver 7.3.3 compiled from raw hide red hat rpms.

[raises eyebrow]  Does RHL 7.2 claim to support Itanium?  Especially SMP
Itanium?  That release was awhile back, I believe, and I'd not be
surprised at kernel bugs that show up with such hardware.

If you've got a fully up-to-date kernel and have eliminated the theory
of memory problems, please send us debugger stack traces from a few of
the crashes.  (The traces will be more useful if you first rebuild with
debugging symbols enabled, which I think is not the default with the
RPMs.)