Re: Challenges with messages

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Challenges with messages
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Harald Armin Massa <chef@ghum.de> wrote:
> Guillaume,
>
>>> Execute query / Generate SQL from Graphical Query Builder Model
>>> Execute query, write result to file / Generate SQL from Graphical
>>> Query Builder Model
>
>> Not quite sure of what you means. These are strings for a button in the
>> toolbar. If you are on the query tab, this button will execute the
>> query. If you are on the GQB tab, this button will build the SQL.
>

> Ah, I guess the problem is not with the message, but with ONE button
> having TWO very distinct effects.

Actually the button always runs the query. The only difference is that
if you're in the GQB, it'll build the new query first and then execute
it. I think Guillaume's fix is correct.

> Hmmm... having the parameters' names is not bad, as you can google
> them and get to the correct documentation. I was just asking for some
> "escape" to keep them from the danger of being translated.
> (Automatischstaubsaugen_einfrier_maximalalter) would be correct, but
> ungoogleable to learn it's meaning.

Originally I thought we should use the parameter names there, however
I do now think descriptive names look nicer (you'll see the parameter
names in the SQL if that interests you).

I'm currently tweaking a couple of other messages and the property
list column sizing as a result of the changes here - will commit
shortly.

--
Dave Page