Re: broken links (intermittent)

От Dave Page
Тема Re: broken links (intermittent)
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Selena Deckelmann
<selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 7:10 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Selena Deckelmann
>> <selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Could we put a more informative 404 message in place? A contextual one
>> > would
>> > be ideal. In this case, we could serve a "not found" page with a
>> > suggestion
>> > to check out the backups portion of the documentation.
>> >
>> > Or, maybe in this specific case there should just be a redirect to the
>> > top
>> > of the backups-related docs.
>>
>> Not easily, if at all. The documentation is dynamically generated from
>> a database on the master server, which certainly doesn't know what
>> pages might have been present in previous releases, at least without
>> trawling through them all and trying to figure it out.
>>
>> The frontend servers that you actually get the pages from are all
>> static servers that just serve the pre-generated HTML. They have no
>> way of dynamically generating a 404 page.
>
> Ok.  Can we at least put up a static 404 error page?

We don't have complete access to all of the static mirrors - some are
run by third parties who merely sync the content from us. I believe
all are running Apache so could in theory have a custom page, but I
don't know that for certain.

--
Dave Page

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Finding some bug statistics..
Сообщение: Re: Finding some bug statistics..