Re: broken links (intermittent)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: broken links (intermittent)
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Selena Deckelmann
> <selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 7:10 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

>>> Not easily, if at all. The documentation is dynamically generated from
>>> a database on the master server, which certainly doesn't know what
>>> pages might have been present in previous releases, at least without
>>> trawling through them all and trying to figure it out.
>>>
>>> The frontend servers that you actually get the pages from are all
>>> static servers that just serve the pre-generated HTML. They have no
>>> way of dynamically generating a 404 page.
>> Ok.  Can we at least put up a static 404 error page?
>
> We don't have complete access to all of the static mirrors - some are
> run by third parties who merely sync the content from us. I believe
> all are running Apache so could in theory have a custom page, but I
> don't know that for certain.

They are running apache, because it is a requirement. Allowing custom
error messages currently is not a requirement, so we'd have to look
through them all to see if/how they support that. It could be made to
work IFF you can configure this from .htaccess, and we can make sure
that all the servers allows it to be set from there.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Finding some bug statistics..
Сообщение: Re: Finding some bug statistics..