Re: Bouncing replies [was: SQL standards in Mysql]

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Bouncing replies [was: SQL standards in Mysql]
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)
<postgresql@ultimeth.com> wrote:

>  On 2008-02-22 21:34, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>

>  Bouncing messages from a public list is kinda rude.
>
>  No more so, than sending two copies of your reply to me, because you don't
> go up to your mailer's "To:" line and manually delete the extra address (as
> I do on EVERY reply I send to this list).

It is considered polite to follow the customs of the groups in which
one participates. For example, if you meet with Japanese people as
part of your work you should bow whilst exchanging business cards,
take care to read the card you are given, and not place it in the back
pocket of your trousers.

In this group we use the mj2 mailing list manager which by default
will not send you a direct copy of any message which also has your
email address explicitly listed. We prefer to use reply-all when
responding to people, and that has become the custom here. It would be
appreciated if you respected that custom during your time with us.

Regards, Dave

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Bouncing replies [was: SQL standards in Mysql]
Сообщение: Re: Bouncing replies [was: SQL standards in Mysql]