Distributed DataBases

От Martial Elisée Wendbé KIBA
Тема Distributed DataBases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I have some questions about postgreSQL, concerning Distributed DataBases.
I know Oracle can do this very Well. With Oracle, i can configure my dataBases to use data stored in another DataSource (Microsoft SQL Server, Access,  Access, ...),  using Oracle Transparent Gateway.
What i want to know is There is a way to configure PostgreSQL to do the same, or there is contrib/module that i can configure to do the same like Oracle Transparent Gateway.

It is important for me because in my company, there is many DataBases Stored in different SGBDR, and users used to ask about statistical datas that are stored in many SGBDR. It would be of great benefits for me to have all those Datas logicaly stored in one place.

Thanks in advance

Martial Elisée Wendbé KIBA
Ingénieur de Conception en Informatique
 876, Avenue du Burkina secteur N°04