Re: Distributed DataBases

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: Distributed DataBases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 10/14/07, Martial Elisée Wendbé KIBA <mkiba01@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I have some questions about postgreSQL, concerning Distributed DataBases.
> I know Oracle can do this very Well. With Oracle, i can configure my
> dataBases to use data stored in another DataSource (Microsoft SQL Server,
> Access,  Access, ...),  using Oracle Transparent Gateway.
> What i want to know is There is a way to configure PostgreSQL to do the
> same, or there is contrib/module that i can configure to do the same like
> Oracle Transparent Gateway.

See the projects:

dblink (Postgres-to-Postgres in contrib)
dblink_odbc (Postgres-to-ODBC on PgFoundry)
dblink_tds (Postgres-to-Sybase/SQL Server on PgFoundry [has a memory leak])
dbi-link (Postgres-to-DBD in Perl)

--
Jonah H. Harris, Sr. Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation                | fax: 732.331.1301

Сообщение: Re: Is my database now too big?
Сообщение: Re: Is my database now too big?