Re: [HACKERS] Continuous integration on Windows?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Continuous integration on Windows?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Continuous integration on Windows?  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 10/12/2017 04:14 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 10/11/2017 11:04 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> Hi hackers,
>>
>> I don't use Windows myself, but I'd rather avoid submitting patches
>> that fail to build, build with horrible warnings or blow up on that
>> fine operating system.  I think it would be neat to be able to have
>> experimental branches of PostgreSQL built and tested on Windows
>> automatically just by pushing them to a watched public git repo.  Just
>> like Travis CI and several others do for the major GNU/Linux distros,
>> it seems there is at least one Windows-based CI company that
>> generously offers free testing to open source projects:
>> https://www.appveyor.com (hat tip to Ilmari for the pointer).  I
>> wonder... has anyone here with Microsoft know-how ever tried to
>> produce an appveyor.yml file that would do a MSVC build and
>> check-world?
>>

> Interesting.
>
> I'm taking a look.
>
> A couple of things not in their pre-built images that we'll need are
> flex and bison. We might be able to overcome that with chocolatey, which
> is installed, haven't tested yet.
>
> getting a working appveyor.yml will take a little while, though.

Actually, that didn't take too long.

No testing yet, but this runs a build successfully:
<https://gist.github.com/adunstan/7f18e5db33bb2d73f69ff8c9337a4e6c>

See results at <https://ci.appveyor.com/project/AndrewDunstan/pgdevel>

cheers

andrew