Re: Postgres 8.2 binary for ubuntu 6.10?

От Anton Melser
Тема Re: Postgres 8.2 binary for ubuntu 6.10?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just a word of advice... unless you plan to spend lots of time on your
db (like you want to think about it more than twice a week sort of
thing...), just go with what you have in terms of the distro. We are
running 8.1.4. And it just works, yes, even after all this time! You
are certainly behind a good firewall, so if you have X.X.X, and it
works (ie, your developpers have certified for X.X.X), why think about
having the latest? Upgrading to new versions may well expose problems
(like I remember someone talking about query optimisations a while
back) that are non issues. If you are going to be pushing the limits,
then compiling your own versions is not going to be an issue...
Just my 2c
Cheers
Anton
ps. I know, when a new version comes out so often it is soooooooooo
hard to resist!