Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] PostgreSQL Automatic Failover packages

От Adrian Vondendriesch
Тема Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] PostgreSQL Automatic Failover packages
Дата
Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] PostgreSQL Automatic Failover packages  (Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com>)
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi,

Am 26.06.2017 um 15:34 schrieb Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais:
> Hi,
>
> The PostgreSQL Automatic Failover (PAF) project is releasing a beta version
> today at https://github.com/dalibo/PAF/releases/tag/v2.2_beta1
>
> This project has been providing Debian package files since a few versions
> through github.
>
> You will find the 2.1 and 2.2~beta1 packages at
> https://github.com/dalibo/PAF/releases/download/v2.1.0/resource-agents-paf_2.1.0-1_all.deb
> https://github.com/dalibo/PAF/releases/download/v2.2_beta1/resource-agents-paf_2.2.beta1-1_all.deb
>
> These packages are only compatible with Pacemaker version provided in Debian 8
> and up or Ubuntu Xenial and up. I suppose I should fix this in the control file
> of the debian packages before 2.2~rc1.
>
> Is it possible to include them in related repositories?

I've created a pgdgbuild [1] (apt.postgresql.org) build job for PAF [2].
Currently the build fails. It's related to the pull request I opened
earlier [3].

> Version 1.1 of PAF is compatible with Pacemaker in previous OSes, and its
> package is available at
>
> https://github.com/dalibo/PAF/releases/download/v1.1.0/resource-agents-paf_1.1.0-1_all.deb
>
> Is it possible to include it in related repo as well ?

I don't think it makes much sense to add the resource agent for wheezy
and so on. The RA wasn't available in the past and I don't think anyone
chooses wheezy or trusty for a new PostgreSQL HA Cluster.
I will update the build job to exclude distributions that only ships
pacemaker versions older then 1.1.13.

[1] https://pgdgbuild.dus.dg-i.net/
[2] https://pgdgbuild.dus.dg-i.net/job/paf-source/
[3] https://github.com/dalibo/PAF/pull/105

> Thank you in advance for your help !

Thanks for your work on the RA. It's great!

Cheers,
 - Adrian

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] PostgreSQL Automatic Failover packages
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] PostgreSQL Automatic Failover packages