Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] PostgreSQL Automatic Failover packages

От Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Тема Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] PostgreSQL Automatic Failover packages
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi,

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 20:35:46 +0200
Adrian Vondendriesch <adrian.vondendriesch@credativ.de> wrote:
> Am 26.06.2017 um 15:34 schrieb Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais:
> > The PostgreSQL Automatic Failover (PAF) project is releasing a beta version
> > today at https://github.com/dalibo/PAF/releases/tag/v2.2_beta1
> >
> > This project has been providing Debian package files since a few versions
> > through github.
> >
> > You will find the 2.1 and 2.2~beta1 packages at
> > https://github.com/dalibo/PAF/releases/download/v2.1.0/resource-agents-paf_2.1.0-1_all.deb
> > https://github.com/dalibo/PAF/releases/download/v2.2_beta1/resource-agents-paf_2.2.beta1-1_all.deb
> >
> > These packages are only compatible with Pacemaker version provided in
> > Debian 8 and up or Ubuntu Xenial and up. I suppose I should fix this in the
> > control file of the debian packages before 2.2~rc1.
> >
> > Is it possible to include them in related repositories?
>
> I've created a pgdgbuild [1] (apt.postgresql.org) build job for PAF [2].
> Currently the build fails. It's related to the pull request I opened
> earlier [3].

Thank for your action and help. I merged your PR after our quick discussion
yesterday.

> > Version 1.1 of PAF is compatible with Pacemaker in previous OSes, and its
> > package is available at
> >
> > https://github.com/dalibo/PAF/releases/download/v1.1.0/resource-agents-paf_1.1.0-1_all.deb
> >
> > Is it possible to include it in related repo as well ?
>
> I don't think it makes much sense to add the resource agent for wheezy
> and so on. The RA wasn't available in the past and I don't think anyone
> chooses wheezy or trusty for a new PostgreSQL HA Cluster.

Not sure, I just closed an issue on github where someone were trying to use
PAF 2.1 on ubuntu 14... And I know a bunch of companies that are still
migrating from Debian 7 to Debian 8 or deploying EL6 :/

But anyway, packages for 1.1 are available on github, so I'm perfectly fine if
you prefer to keep it simple on PGDG repo. I'm in favor to convince people
upgrading their OS.

> I will update the build job to exclude distributions that only ships
> pacemaker versions older then 1.1.13.
>
> [1] https://pgdgbuild.dus.dg-i.net/
> [2] https://pgdgbuild.dus.dg-i.net/job/paf-source/

I can not access them.

> Thanks for your work on the RA. It's great!

Thank you :)

--
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Dalibo