Re: cvs postgresql current lacks 'ksqo' ? odbc/pgadmin does not work

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cvs postgresql current lacks 'ksqo' ? odbc/pgadmin does not work
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de> writes:
> Since I like to try some things out I would be happy with
> a quick dirty patch, but neither the pgodbc source compiles
> nor do I find the relevant parts to the option setting in
> the postgres-sources so I could at least get it to a
> "dummy-accept"

Can't help you with pgodbc, but if you want "set ksqo" to be
accepted, add a dummy variable in src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c
(look at the entry for geqo for a model).

> Btw, what happend to the ksqo anyways?

It's been dead for several releases and showed no sign of ever getting
fixed, so Bruce decided to take it out.

Breaking older odbc drivers might be a sufficient reason to leave a
dummy SET variable in there awhile longer, though.  Not sure.  The
schema changes in 7.3 might mean that using an old driver would be a
bad idea anyway.