Re: certificate issue between download and ftp

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: certificate issue between download and ftp
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> While ftp.postgresql.org is the common name on the certificate,
> download.postgresql.org is listed as a Subject Alternative Name and
> therefore should be accepted.  I certainly don't have any issue here
> using a recent Ubuntu version.

FWIW, the given case works for me with RHEL6's wget (wget-1.12-10.el6),
but I see this entry in the changelog for that package:

* Fri Jan 31 2014 Tomas Hozza <thozza@redhat.com> 1.12-2
- Fix wget to recognize certificates with alternative names (#736445)

which likely was a back-patch from upstream 1.13 or later.  It's
reasonable to suspect that there are still wget's in the wild with this
bug.  How much of a PITA would it be to avoid use of alternative names
for the download servers?

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: certificate issue between download and ftp
Сообщение: Re: certificate issue between download and ftp