Re: [ADMIN] make installcheck failing for postgres_fdw

От Natalie Wenz
Тема Re: [ADMIN] make installcheck failing for postgres_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for your response!

I actually created a new database with initdb and started it without tuning anything just prior to running the
installcheckeach time. However, I did start fresh and try just the make check anyway:

cd /tmp/postgresql-9.5.9/
./configure --with-segsize=10 --with-blocksize=32 --with-pam --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib
--with-includes=/usr/local/include
make -j8
cd contrib/postgres_fdw/
gmake
gmake check

And it did fail again:
gmake: *** [../../src/makefiles/pgxs.mk:280: check] Error 1

The regression.diffs file was identical to what I previously attached (besides the timestamps). Is there an issue with
myprocedure, maybe? (Though the same procedure worked with 9.4.4 and 9.4.9.)

> On Sep 20, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Natalie Wenz <nataliewenz@ebureau.com> writes:
>> I have a server that has 9.4.4 with the postgres_fdw module successfully running for the past couple of years. I am
lookingto update it, so I'm testing the procedure on a test server, and have been running into trouble. Out of
curiosity,I tried installing it with 10beta4, but the gmake installcheck failed. So I tried with 9.6.2 (because it
happenedto be on the machine) and it still failed. I tried 9.6.5--and it also failed.

>> Note that the installation doesn't seem to have any issue, just the installcheck. Is this a known issue? Is it just
amatter of the regression tests lagging behind, or should I be concerned? The regression.diffs files are not identical
betweenversions, but they only seem to contain query plans with differences.