Newbee to databases (ODBC)

От Malm Paul
Тема Newbee to databases (ODBC)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi all,
I'm sorry to bother you with this question, I know it is a C++ ODBC question. But I'm a bit desperate.
Perhaps I'll be lucky.

I have a table with 2 columns no_char and blobdata were no_char is number of characters in blobdata. I would like to handle each row from the result set.

I have got this far:

//Setup selectstatement
strcpy((char*) SQLStmt, "Select no_char, blobdata from tab1");

//Execute the statement
rc = SQLExecDirect(dbConnection.StmtHandle, SQLStmt, SQL_NTS);

//Define what to read out from the selection set
rc =SQLBindCol(StmtHandle, 1 SQL_C_LONG, (SQLPOINTER) &no, sizeOf(no), NULL);
rc =SQLBindCol(StmtHandle, 2 SQL_C_BINARY, (SQLPOINTER) blob, no, NULL);

// get the values
while(SQLFetch(StmtHandle) != SQL_NO_DATA)
{
}

But this will not work since I'm using "no" in the second statement to define the blob size, and no is not set yet.
I could solve it by using 2 different select statemen (once for the size and one for the blob) but that seems to be a bad solution.

Sorry again!
/Paul