Re:

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re:
Дата
Re:
Список pgsql-docs
On Monday, November 10, 2003, at 12:16 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Michael Glaesemann <grzm@myrealbox.com> writes:
>> I was feeling particularly organizational today and redrew one of the
>> figures from the documentation. In the PostgreSQL 7.3 PDF
>> documentation, it's the System Catalogs Diagram, or Figure 3. The
>> major
>> POSTGRES system catalogs.
>
> Peter just removed all those figures because they were so out-of-date
> as
> to be useless.  If you redrew from the figure rather than from looking
> at the actual catalogs documentation, I fear your version is too :-(.

I guessed that was the case. However, it's easier to change once I've
got the data than starting from scratch.

>  So if you want to submit something, I'd ask that it be generated with
> open-source
> tools and that it come with an explanation of how to modify and
> regenerate it.

Well, looks like I'm 0-2. I used InDesign, which is a *long* way from
open source. I can definitely understand that being able to maintain it
is a virtue. If you'd like to include an up-to-date version, knowing
you might have to throw it out at a later date when it gets too old to
be useful, I'm willing to make the changes. I'm not familiar enough
with open source graphic design tools to know what to use. :(

Might something be better than nothing? I know it's not the best
situation, but the offer's still good.

Michael
grzm myrealbox com