Re: [GENERAL] Re: Cannot retrieve images inserted through VB and odbc, after a table reorganization.

От Alanoly Andrews
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: Cannot retrieve images inserted through VB and odbc, after a table reorganization.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Adrian,

1. We are storing our large objects in a table column whose datatype is "lo" (which, I understand, ultimately is in
fact"bytea").

2. The error messge returned to the VB is, yes, very generic. And the backend postgres server does not have any
messagesrelevant to this issue.

3. We set the trace on in the odbc driver and got a large log file, from which I give below the part that I think is
significant.It refers to the "buffer size being too small". Where, in the odc settings, do we set the buffer size?

STELimageViewOn 834-fec          EXIT  SQLGetData  with return code 1 (SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO)
                                HSTMT               0x002BFC70
                                UWORD                        2
                                SWORD                        1 <SQL_C_CHAR>
                                PTR                 0x0018EECF [       0] ""
                                SQLLEN                     0
                                SQLLEN *            0x0018EEA4 (6)

                                DIAG [01004] The buffer was too small for the GetData. (-2)

STELimageViewOn 834-fec          ENTER SQLGetData
                                HSTMT               0x002BFC70
                                UWORD                        2
                                SWORD                       -2 <SQL_C_BINARY>
                                PTR                 <unknown type>
                                SQLLEN                     0
                                SQLLEN *            0x0018EE54

STELimageViewOn 834-fec          EXIT  SQLGetData  with return code 1 (SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO)
                                HSTMT               0x002BFC70
                                UWORD                        2
                                SWORD                       -2 <SQL_C_BINARY>
                                PTR                 <unknown type>
                                SQLLEN                     0
                                SQLLEN *            0x0018EE54 (46165)

                                DIAG [01004] The buffer was too small for the GetData. (-2)

STELimageViewOn 834-fec          ENTER SQLGetData
                                HSTMT               0x002BFC70
                                UWORD                        2
                                SWORD                       -2 <SQL_C_BINARY>
                                PTR                 <unknown type>
                                SQLLEN                 32768
                                SQLLEN *            0x003CE284

STELimageViewOn 834-fec          EXIT  SQLGetData  with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR)
                                HSTMT               0x002BFC70
                                UWORD                        2
                                SWORD                       -2 <SQL_C_BINARY>
                                PTR                 <unknown type>
                                SQLLEN                 32768
                                SQLLEN *            0x003CE284

                                DIAG [S1000] Error reading from large object. (1)