Re: Re: [ADMIN] Cannot retrieve images inserted through VB and odbc, after a table reorganization.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Re: [ADMIN] Cannot retrieve images inserted through VB and odbc, after a table reorganization.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/05/2014 08:33 AM, Alanoly Andrews wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> 1. We are storing our large objects in a table column whose datatype is "lo" (which, I understand, ultimately is in
fact"bytea").

As way of testing where the issue is, you might explore  saving some
images in a test table directly to a bytea column. This is presumably
what the Bytea as LO option is for. Then run CLUSTER on the test table
and see what happens.

> 2. The error messge returned to the VB is, yes, very generic. And the backend postgres server does not have any
messagesrelevant to this issue.
> 3. We set the trace on in the odbc driver and got a large log file, from which I give below the part that I think is
significant.It refers to the "buffer size being too small". Where, in the odc settings, do we set the buffer size?

I would recommend posting the below(with some background information) on
the -odbc list where there are folks that might better understand it.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Cal Heldenbrand
Сообщение: Re: Querying a time range across multiple partitions
От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Querying a time range across multiple partitions