Re: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 18/1/19 5:08 μ.μ., Gary Stainburn wrote:
> That is a very good question.
>
> The honest answer is because the article(s) that I have been following have
> all pointed to 9.6.  Having installed 9.6 and imported my data a couple of
> times I've found it faultless.
>
> Other than being on the latest version, what benefits and what problems would
> I encounter moving to 10.x?
>
> If I were to go to 10.x on Centos 7, would I be able to install it alongside
> the existing 9.6 to test it? I have noticed with the 9.6 install that it's
> now using the version number as part of the data path.
9.6 is not page level compatible with e.g. 9.5 whereas 10.6 is with 10.5.
So in the versioning scheme PostreSQL community just dropped one dot.
Before (<=9*) it was x.y.z with all x.y.* being compatible whereas now (>=10*) it is x.y with all x.* being
compatible.
By compatible we mean that no pg_dump/restore or pg_upgrade is needed, just recompile and install.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

От: Gary Stainburn
Сообщение: Re: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8
От: Gary Stainburn
Сообщение: Re: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8