Re: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8

От Gary Stainburn
Тема Re: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
That is a very good question.

The honest answer is because the article(s) that I have been following have
all pointed to 9.6.  Having installed 9.6 and imported my data a couple of
times I've found it faultless.

Other than being on the latest version, what benefits and what problems would
I encounter moving to 10.x?

If I were to go to 10.x on Centos 7, would I be able to install it alongside
the existing 9.6 to test it? I have noticed with the 9.6 install that it's
now using the version number as part of the data path.

As a side question, I will be moving PHP5 on my old box to PHP7 on my new one.
Is there any gotcha's I need to worry about?

--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager

Сообщение: RE: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8
Сообщение: Re: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8