Re: Problems building from source

От Bidski
Тема Re: Problems building from source
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Magnus Hagander" <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
> More likely, it's not finding the right one. Probably it's picking up
> some completely different version of it because it's earlier in the
> search path.

Here is the start of my PATH environment variable.

        c:\msys\1.0\bin;C:\mingw\bin;C:\mingw\lib;

If it is finding something else, its not looking in my PATH variable for it.

> 64-bit PostgreSQL builds isn't - it "should just work", but I don't
> believe anybody has ever tried it. But this error shows a much more
> fundamental problem than the PostgreSQL code, and you need to get that
> solved first.

As I said, I have built other packages/libraries (both built the
library/package itself AND compiled/linked it into my own program and run it
successfully) with my current set up, so if there is something wrong with
the toolchain then it is only showing its face because PostgreSQL is doing
something that the other packages weren't doing. Honestly, I think that is
enough to say that MinGW/MSYS can run on 64 bit systems and if PostgreSQL is
only at the stage of "should just work" that there might be a bigger problem
than my toolchain at play here.

> Any particular reason why you don't want to build with the supported
> toolset, which is the Microsoft (free) compilers? (See
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/install-win32-full.html)

I am building with my current toolset simply because it appears to be
working and it is already set up and I would rather not have to go through
the hassle of having to set up another toolset.

Regards
Bidski