pg_hba.conf issue

От Jayakumar_Mukundaraju
Тема pg_hba.conf issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi friends,

I am Jayakumar and  new to PostgreSQL world. I am using PostgreSQL 8.1.3
in Windows 2000 machine.

My problem is, I am unable to connect to PostgreSQL server from another
machine's psql client.

My system IP is 172.16.84.76, and client machine IP is 172.16.85.243.

I can connect to the PostgreSQL server with " psql -Uroot
-h172.16.84.76"
from same system(172.16.84.76)

If I give the above command from 172.16.85.243, results

D:\\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>psql -Uroot - h172.16.84.76
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
        Is the server running on host "172.16.84.76" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I don't know how to do this in windows.

here pg_hba.conf entries follows
*************************************
host    all         all         172.16.84.76/32         md5
host    all         all         172.16.85.243/32            md5

here postgre.conf entry follows
***********************************
----
# CONNECTIONS AND AUTHENTICATION
----

# - Connection Settings -

listen_addresses = '*'        # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                    # comma-separated list of addresses;
                    # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
port = 5432
max_connections = 100
# note: increasing max_connections costs ~400 bytes of shared memory per
# connection slot, plus lock space (see max_locks_per_transaction).  You
# might also need to raise shared_buffers to support more connections.

superuser_reserved_connections = 10

#unix_socket_directory = ''
#unix_socket_group = ''
#unix_socket_permissions = 0777        # octal
#bonjour_name = ''            # defaults to the computer name

# - Security & Authentication -

authentication_timeout = 150        # 1-600, in seconds

#ssl = on

#password_encryption = on
#db_user_namespace = off

# Kerberos
#krb_server_keyfile = ''
#krb_srvname = 'postgres'
#krb_server_hostname = ''        # empty string matches any keytab entry
#krb_caseins_users = off

# - TCP Keepalives -
# see 'man 7 tcp' for details

#tcp_keepalives_idle = 0        # TCP_KEEPIDLE, in seconds;
                    # 0 selects the system default
#tcp_keepalives_interval = 0        # TCP_KEEPINTVL, in seconds;
                    # 0 selects the system default
#tcp_keepalives_count = 0        # TCP_KEEPCNT;
                    # 0 selects the system default

Please find my problem, give me the solution...

Thanks & Regards
Jayakumar M

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain
materialthat is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
distributionor forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the
intendedrecipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is
appreciated.